Head of Buyer Programmes - We Are Africa & Do Not Disturb
Role Type - Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working pattern: Hybrid - 3 days in the office, 1 day from home & every Friday is a non- working day as standard, opportunities to travel abroad.
Who we are:
We are This is Beyond, leading creators of B2B communities in the high-end travel industry. With show stopping events in Marrakech, Miami, Cape Town, Bali, New Orleans and Puglia – with more in the pipeline – we have grown from an ambitious start-up to a worldwide leader in crafting events that are utterly unique and relentlessly creative.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking a sales and leadership supremo with a serious presence, deep luxury travel industry knowledge and a black book bursting with A-list contacts to join our team in Cape Town.
As the Head Of Sales (Buyer) Programmes, you’ll steer the buyers (luxury travel experts) ship of two shows in high-end travel – We Are Africa & Do Not Disturb. (https://www.weareafricatravel.com/ & https://donotdisturb.co/)
This is a career-defining, genuinely unique opportunity to be the highly visible face of 2 incredible shows. We’re searching for someone with a palpable passion for networking within the luxury travel industry, with a particular focus on the luxury travel space in Africa. Day-to-day, you’ll oversee the delivery of the curated ‘marketplace’ – aka where the pre-scheduled meetings happen at both events. You will define and own the strategy for both events, making sure only the best-of-the-best travel buyers in African luxury and High end, exclusive use travel make the cut.As a charismatic and driven sales leader, you’ll be confident in creating a culture of camaraderie and constant improvement for your team.
What you'll do:
- Daily management of the buyer team members providing regular support, constructive feedback and mentorship while ensuring they hit annual buyer targets and revenue
- Management and growing relationships with key/critical global accounts and industry partners.
- Working with Event Director and Head of Sales to ensure changes in targets/ pace is in line with one another
- Driving sales revenue/profit targets by ensuring the team has a clear understanding of their own targets and have the skills and ability to deliver results.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships with both buyers, heads of affiliations and hotel partners.
- Implementing the sales process through defined objectives and activity-based plans to ensure maximum growth and revenue.
- Set up and monitor a sales and activity reporting process to ensure that the targets are achieved on time and within budget.
- Attending events within each vertical and associated markets to keep up to date with competitor activity, identify potential clients, and network with existing clients ultimately to support the achievement of revenue targets.
- Look at ways to increase revenue year on year for the events.
- Finding new ways to connect and interact with customers.
- Implementing smarter and more efficient ways to work.
- Multitasking across various events
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in the world of hospitality, luxury travel or B2B trade events
- Knowledge of the key players in the luxury travel industry
- Knowledge of Africa and African product (luxury hotels & experiences)
- Proven success in leading sales teams and exceeding targets
- Confident understanding of event sales cycles
- Excellent time management and ability to reactively and efficiently find resolutions to issues as an when they arise
- Able to bring new ideas to the table or to initiate better practices
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all levels, including during pressurised or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and be flexible as part of a small team
- Understanding of Salesforce is preferred, but not essential
Benefits: Pension, 4 day working week (no working on Friday). Hybrid working (3 days in the office per week), ongoing learning & development, social events & travel opportunities.
This is Beyond is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.