Head Of Marketing
Position Type: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid - 3 days in the office (Shepherds Bush), 1 day from home & every Friday is non working day as standard
We are This is Beyond. A fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London-based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category-smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers. We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
Are you someone who understands the entertainment and lifestyle sectors within the luxury travel industry? Do you enjoy immersing yourself in art, design and culture and pull influences from pop culture and modern forward-thinking trends?
As a disrupter who isn't afraid to be different, you'll be working on the company's sexiest brands - the world’s first invitation-only trade events dedicated to defining the evolution in contemporary travel and the first dedicated to the entertainment industry. The Head of Marketing will gather client insights from relationship managers and combining this with industry insight, will develop, plan and lead the implementation of the annual marketing plan, developing both the brand and global reach of both LE Miami (https://lemiami.com/) and SET (https://www.settheshow.com/).
What you will do:
Produce an annual marketing plan including the design of various tactical campaigns (both brand and sales) that meet the show’s long-term objectives as set by the Event Director.
- Build brand equity of the shows - everything from the shows image to their position within the marketplace, by developing plans and partnerships to drive online traffic and assist client acquisition.
- Increase event reach towards new delegates (buyers and sellers) by overseeing digital platforms, social media strategy and brand extensions.
- Be the ‘brand guardian’ of our shows to ensure messages are impactful, overseeing the creation of strong value propositions and compelling messages that influence decisions and win sales.
- Research and action initiatives to gain more market share and client acquisition within the travel industry and grow awareness in fringe industries and consumers.
- Gather industry and consumer insights to support strategic thinking.
- Oversee internal and external comms, ensuring all milestones of the show cycle meet key deadlines and are supported with epic collateral.
- Lead on sponsorship activities and oversee web, mailing analytics and insights from the digital team.
- Work with the CRM Manager to ensure the team has the appropriate analytics and report weekly on an overview of general engagement across all platforms.
- Maintain & build strong internal & external relationships to always ensure you’re on the pulse.
- Oversee the Sales & Travel Relations teams in creating timely sales focussed content.
What you will need:
Successful leadership experience and driven by personally achieving targets.
- A strong forward thinking and entrepreneurial marketeer who is used to leading from the front.
- A Superb team player capable of creating an environment of camaraderie around them, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Strategic thinking around public relations and brand management in the media & breadth of thinking across multiple channels & a real creative eye.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & strong organisational abilities, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with Pardot, Asana, and an understanding of website code, graphic design and Salesforce useful but not essential.
Benefits: Pension, 4 day working week (no working on Friday). Hybrid working (3 days in the office per week), ongoing learning & development, social events & travel opportunities.
This is Beyond is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.