We usually respond within two weeks
Position Type: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid - 3 days in the office (Shepherds Bush), 1 day from home & every Friday is non working day as standard
A fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London based B2B events company (global exhibitions and conferences), This is Beyond has grown from an ambitious start-up to a worldwide leader in creating innovative and groundbreaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making an impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities and large scale events around them.
We are passionate about event creation and are obsessive about curating just the right crowd, because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity. Expect inspiration. Expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work. That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
This is Beyond are seeking an organised a proactive Office Manager to join our team. Reporting to the EA to the CEO, the primary role of the Office Manager is to provide support by maintaining an effective and succinct running of the London office. We are looking for a bright, hard working, enthusiastic, organised and efficient candidate, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and the ability to take the initiative is a must.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and running of the office.
- Work with external IT Consultant to support the requirements of all IT services in the office and liaising with Telecoms company for maintaining computer inventory, maintenance of all computers, broadband, telephones, printer service etc.
- Ensure appropriate insurance is in place for the business (travel and office).
- Along with the CEO’s EA, maintain and help implement office policies, standards and procedures.
- Support with managing team socials, birthdays and other team bonding events.
- Liaise with all office suppliers and outsourced services including the cleaning company, landlord etc.
- Control and manage building and office access (access cards, fobs etc.)
- Ensure office cleanliness is maintained to the appropriate standards.
Ensure that the company is compliant with UK Health and Safety legislations at Work. Implement and maintain health & safety procedures and training for the office.
- Handle incoming /outgoing mail and packages and all incoming calls.
- Responsible for pro-active ordering of all office supplies and equipment, within budget and ensuring stock does not run out.
- Support the EA & TA Manager with new employee inductions.
- Processing expense claims for the CEO & EA as and when required.
- Maintaining day-to-day office systems, libraries and archives.
- Negotiate and procure new suppliers as and when necessary.
- Support with staff travel arrangements and visa applications as required.
- To be a friendly and professional first contact for people visiting or calling the office.
- Embody the office culture by creating a fun, dynamic, and productive environment.
Key Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Exceptional organisational skills and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Superb team player capable of creating an environment of camaraderie around them.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to professionally represent the company.
- Attention to detail and deadlines is essential.
- Excellent time management and capable of doing and resolving things very quickly and efficiently.
- Happy to work independently with the confidence to work under their own initiative and think about improved ways of working.
- Great attitude! Looking for someone who can contribute to a positive, happy, driven working environment.
- A ‘gets stuff done’ approach and is ready to hit the ground running.
- Cool and calm under pressure, ability to follow through on tasks and look for opportunities, whilst being flexible as part of a small team.
- Passion for what you do, thriving on ownership of the projects carried out.
- Understanding the impact of a highly satisfied, productive, engaged, and happy office.
- A fun, social, friendly, outgoing, positive, energetic, optimistic attitude.
- Conscientiousness, diplomatic, dependable, and, last but not least, a good sense of humour.
- Trustworthy and able to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities effectively.
Background Knowledge & Experience:
- 2+ years of proven experience in an administrative role.
- Computer savvy (Google docs, PowerPoint, Excel and Gmail).
- Certificate in First Aid / Fire Marshall experience is a bonus.
- A passion for the world of luxury hospitality/travel is a bonus.
Minimum Education required:
Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
Other Job Requirements:
The candidate should expect that on occasion, although this will be only when absolutely necessary and we do not make a habit of impeding on our team's personal time, they will be required to work flexibly with the EA to the CEO and on occasion a longer than normal day around the busy times. In addition the candidate may be contacted by the CEO or Event Directors out of normal office hours to deal with unexpected events.
Benefits: Pension, 4 day working week (no working on Friday). Hybrid working (3 days in the office per week), ongoing learning & development, social events & travel opportunities.
This is Beyond is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.
- Office Manager
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Workplace, Culture & Diversity
Corporate culture is essential to allow the organization to differentiate itself. In terms of image on the one hand, it has strengths both internally and externally to consumers. It is indeed a source of cohesion and motivation of employees and it limits conflicts. With customers, it conveys a positive image and can develop a feeling of closeness to the company or even become a criterion of choice.
Loading application form
Already working at This is Beyond?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.