We usually respond within two weeks
Operations Manager - LE Miami & SET
Position Type: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid - 3 days in the office (Shepherds Bush), 1 day from home & every Friday is non working day as standard
We are This is Beyond. A fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London-based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a worldwide leader in creating ground-breaking B2B events. As thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, we impact by defining specific travel genres and build passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category-smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers. We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
An amazing opportunity has arisen for passionate, forward-thinking and confident Operations Manager to help lead an ambitious operations team. Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, you’ll take charge of the end-to-end logistics for two of our events. LE Miami is our annual flagship event on Miami’s South Beach assembles only the most influential buyers, suppliers and media in the contemporary travel game. SET an event where the intersection of entertainment and travel – a first-of-its kind space for industry pros from Film, Music, Tv, Sports and Gaming to connect and collaborate. In this role you will manage an Operations Executive to ensure the events smooth execution while bringing a sense of creativity and structure to the role. As an operational leader within the team, you will have the scope to shape, redefine and deliver innovation. Flawless execution is imperative and you will be highly motivated to ensure that the shows are the best to date.
What you will do:
- Manage the full operation and organisation of SET & L.E Miami with the Operations team, respective Show Directors and other Managers
- Fully own the development, production and delivery of projects from proposal to delivery
- Manage the budget for all events, always ensuring best costs are negotiated
- Provide strategic overview and coordination of projects to ensure deadlines are adhered to and suggesting new processes where necessary to improve efficiency
- Create a network of good quality suppliers that you have strong relationships with pre-negotiated costs and terms to ensure we are getting value and quality
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to at all events
- Research new venues and new ideas to be in the know of new procedures and
creative ideas in events so we always stand out
What you will need:
- 4 - 5 years of experience in a high-volume, fast-paced, events role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of trade show and/or festival operations, budgeting, communication, cognitive and computer literacy
- A proven track record of producing shows that have brilliant execution, stay within budget and run without issues.
- Knowledge of CAD plans, floor plan arrangement, French, First Aid, events Health
& Safety – these are all preferred but not essential.
- Willingness & enthusiasm to travel
Benefits: Pension, 4 day working week (no working on Friday). Hybrid working (3 days in the office per week), ongoing learning & development, social events & travel opportunities.
This is Beyond is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.
- Operations Manager
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Workplace, Culture & Diversity
Corporate culture is essential to allow the organization to differentiate itself. In terms of image on the one hand, it has strengths both internally and externally to consumers. It is indeed a source of cohesion and motivation of employees and it limits conflicts. With customers, it conveys a positive image and can develop a feeling of closeness to the company or even become a criterion of choice.
Loading application form
Already working at This is Beyond?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.